For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the West Nile, North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 300 persons.
Save the Children is seeking job applications for a Project Manager supporting South Sudanese refugees in the West Nile region of Uganda. Save the Children's focus will be on education and livelihoods. The Project Manager will be the principal representative of the project and will work with Save the Children's field, regional and country offices, but will have leadership responsibility for the overall management of the award. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful program. The Project Manager will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with donor rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports as required.
Contract Duration: Fixed term (12 months)
Contractual Status: National posting
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with young youth or access to children
Location: Multiple locations, West Nile Region
Qualification and Experience Essential;
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Minimum of 5 years management experience including working in emergency response, direct experience in implementing large, multi-thematic and multi-location programs.
- Experience managing high-quality EU and UN funded project(s).
- Experience managing large education programs for an international NGO.
- Experience managing livelihoods projects, including small business development.
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, and all aspects of project management.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and in building and maintaining a high performing team.
- Experience in promoting children's rights and gender, including participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EU and UN regulations and policies.
- Inter-personal skills to influence and guide staff and partners in identifying programming opportunities and resolving program challenges.
- Experience applying remote management techniques.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in a refugee context.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://www.savethechildren.net/jobs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note:
- Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process.
- Candidates from the district/community listed above are encouraged to apply. More information on the open positions can be obtained at any of our offices.
Application closes on 29th September 2017 at midnight Uganda time.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bW9uaWNhLjAzNDAyLjM4MzBAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcm...