Project Officer, Livelihoods
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.Job Title: Project Officer, Livelihoods
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Location: Kiryandongo Role Purpose:
The Project Livelihood Officer will be responsible for initiating the livelihood activities response in Kiryandongo Settlement including market strengthening activities and cash transfers to vulnerable households. The Officer will be required to carry out on the ground activities targeting beneficiaries and training. He will be working with government line-departments, livelihood partner agencies as well as private organizations engaged in promoting improved livelihoods for refugees and host communities. The Officer will as well represent SI at relevant external fora such as the Livelihood Working Group. The Officer will be responsible for identification, verification and registration of beneficiaries for livelihoods interventions, followed by training on group formation and management, capacity building on agri-business management, offering on-site technical assistance to the farmer groups on business methodology, savings and loan management including coaching and mentoring. He will as well facilitate beneficiaries on effective utilization of loans Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications;
- At least 3 years experience in humanitarian livelihood programmes;
- Experience of working with small business development and market based programming
- Experience in mobilizing and training communities and staff on livelihoods, food security and dis aster reduction
- Experience of implementing livelihood projects e.g. public works/ cash for work projects; agricultural support; home based skills development or income generation projects
- Performance and quality management of children/youth programmes;
- Specific familiarity with child rights issues in the NGO world or work
- Skills and experience in integrated program delivery covering the themes of health, Education, Child Protection ad Nutrition
- Thorough understanding of child rights issues, national poverty alleviation strategies as well as current national and international trends in global poverty and development.
- Ability to work as part of field team and successfully join up work with partner staffs;
- Good spoken Acholi, Madi, Arabic or Swahili will be an added advantage.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dGltb3RoeS4yODEyNS4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZH...