Finance Director, South Africa
Pact Overview At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 46-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact seeks a Finance Director for an anticipated, PEPFAR-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and HIV Prevention program in South Africa. The five-year program will accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control through the delivery of high-impact HIV prevention, care and support services. The principal focus is to improve the health and well-being of children and adolescents who are living with affected by and vulnerable to HIV prevent new HIV infections among priority populations; and scale up effective violence prevention and interventions.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Finance Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of administration and financial management, including accounting systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting.
- Design and implement systems and procedures that follow Pact’s standards, ensure effective internal controls and minimize risks
- Oversee budget preparation and management in conjunction with relevant program managers, including the development and review of relevant standard costs and scales for the programs
- Supervise the program’s grant and finance staff, including providing training/mentoring on Pact’s internal policies and requirements and donor guidelines, rules and regulations
- Work with relevant departments on integrated management of program finances ensuring effective use of resources and achieving program objectives in compliance with donor requirements
- Review monthly financial reports for completeness and accuracy; ensure appropriate budget approvals
- In collaboration with HQ, design, develop, and adapt policies, guidelines and criteria for the management of sub-recipient and subcontractor financing
- Oversee financial management of sub-grants, including supervising site visits by finance staff to audit partner transactions, and overseeing close-out procedures
- Provide training/mentoring for sub-grantees in financial management, including compliance with Pact and donor policies.
Perform all other duties as requiredBasic Requirements
Advanced Degree in accounting, finance, business management or a related field
At least ten years of experience managing the finances and operations of a project more than $40M
At least three years of experience overseeing large sub-grants for multiple sub-awardees
- Strong demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Five years of experience working in a developing country required.
- Professional experience in sub-Saharan Africa is required, South African work experience preferred. South African National preferred.
- Oral and written fluency in EnglishPact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Apply on the Pact World Website