Editor, Arlington, VA
Editor, Arlington, VA
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The editor will be dedicated to the business development unit. This person will mainly edit strategic, high-value proposals, RFPs, RFAs, RFIs and EOIs for USAID, World Bank and other U.S. Government donors. The editor will transform copy into one voice with engaging, concise and clear language that is compliant with solicitation requirements. This individual is a self-starter: bright, motivated and dynamic. This position is based in Arlington, VA and will report to a proposal manager.
- Work with proposal coordinators to develop an editing schedule for each proposal.
- Edit technical volumes and related documents such as CVs, M&E plans, work plans and past performance references.
- Coordinate with content experts to resolve substantive questions, meaning, language and context of proposals. Translates information into accurate, clear and concise prose.
- Maintain consistency of voice, style, punctuation, spelling and grammar as well as logical, technical and narrative consistency.
- Identify and correct repetitious phrasing, inconsistencies, word choices that make passages ambiguous or unclear, and verbosity across different sections of the technical volume.
- Ensure all materials follow MSI branding requirements and client instructions.
- Improve editorial and visual standards and recommend new formats and procedures as needed.
- Take on other editing requirements that may arise.
- Three (3) years of editing, communication and/or publication experience.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications or related field.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Professional experience in business development and/or international development a plus.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to meet deadlines a must.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint) products.
- Familiarity with AP Style, USAID terminology and MSI's technical areas a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.