Digital Communications Specialist
The Digital Communications Specialist will collaborate with the Senior Manager of Digital Communications and Strategic Communications Department staff in maintaining MSH’s robust strategic digital program, which supports MSH’s mission and engages a growing external audience. The Digital Communications Specialist will assist in editing and producing content for all of MSH’s digital channels with emphasis on the MSH website and will also collaborate on email messaging, social media, photo editing, photo management and other multimedia production and/or graphic design.
Please note: This position can be located in either Medford, MA or Arlington, VA.
- Help manage content updating and development for msh.org website sections.
- Maintain schedules of periodic review and content submission for website sections.
- Help create new approaches and formats for communicating technical information to new audiences.
- Stay abreast of current digital communications and social media trends and help develop strategies to expand MSH’s online presence.
- Guide strategic content development projects, as assigned.
- Research and draft text, copyedit, proofread and format text.
- Gather and track submitted documents to be published.
Email Marketing, Social Media, Blog, Online Campaigns -10%
- Post updates, as assigned, to social media accounts.
- As needed, format and send mass emails.
- Provide social media coverage for events, as assigned.
- Strategic collaboration with Digital Communications Manager. Manage, as assigned, setup and configuration of microsites and other web properties for digital campaigns, digital annual reports, study tours, and conferences.
Multimedia Curation and Cataloguing- 10%
- Manage photo library
- Manage staff photo submissions and requests
- Catalogue and tag photos
- Manage video library
Writing, Editing, and Multimedia Production- 10%
- Contribute, as assigned, to the development of corporate communications content, including web and blog stories, campaign and fundraising communications, videos, multimedia stories, audio pieces, brochures, and fact sheets, as needed.
- Edit photos
- Video editing and production as needed
- Some graphic design as needed
- Liaise with internal communications staff to track and curate content from the field for external publication on the msh.org website.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years, with 2 years of related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Content Management Systems (especially Drupal), email messaging systems (especially MailChimp), Photoshop, social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube), web development best practices, strategic communications, data management, media cataloguing. FinalCut Pro and/or Adobe Premier a plus.
- Writing, editing, proofreading, digital publishing, photo editing, HTML, CSS, Excel. Video editing and/or other multimedia production a plus.
- Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Travel may include 1-3 domestic and/or international trips annually.
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10lbs, etc.
- Carrying and holding 2 lb professional DSLR camera.
- Carrying lighting equipment, stands, tripods > 10lbs
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.