Senior Program Manager (HASC/OFDA)
The HASC IDIQ contract has a ceiling value of $300 million with nine active task orders supporting eight Offices in the USAID Democracy Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance Bureau (DCHA). Macfadden is seeking a Program Manager to lead the Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) Task Order which provides the services supporting OFDA’s humanitarian and disaster response mission. The support services covers grant awards, PSC recruitment and contract management, administrative support, information services, facilities and logistics services, training, and a variety of other support services as needed.
The OFDA Program Manager leads, directs and monitors overall project and contract performance of task orders. The individual will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with clients’ overall management plan. The Program Manager will provide leadership, oversight and senior level management to overall contract operations, often involving multiple projects/tasks and/or groups of personnel at multiple locations. The individual is responsible for developing and maintaining key strategic relationships with senior level management within the client organization and is aware of overall program status. The Program Manager will coordinate and facilitate the timely submission of financial, performance, and status reports along with other reports required by the client.
Program Management Functions:
- Oversight and management of the onsite day-to-day activities of the OFDA Task Orders on the HASC contract.
- Manage client expectations and provide leadership to the cross-functional implementation team.
- Personnel management, task management, financial and budget oversight, technical performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Oversight of large and complex program that includes facility and logistics for very large team.
- Maintain commitment to Company values.
- Meet regularly with USAID government program managers and contracting officers to ensure issues are promptly resolved and to enhance communications.
- Responsible for performance management and reporting as well as updating performance management process as needed to adapt to changing requirements.
- Review project plans to ensure milestones and deadlines.
- Work with government clients to establish priorities, including staffing actions, documented processes and quality control measures.
- Develop pro-active staffing strategy.
- Develop and coach effective team leads.
- Handle contract management function: contract performance reviews, modifications with pipeline analysis, proposals, invoicing, sub-contractor and vendor management, contract deliverables and status reports.
- Ensure project activities are compliant with contract (IDIQ and Task Order), FAR, AIDAR, ADS and other relevant regulations and policies.
- Manage subcontractors and vendors, issue competitive RFPs and POs as required by the client.
- Manage expenditures and prepare budget projections and scenarios as requested.
- Approve timecards and ensure timecards are accurate and submitted punctually.
- May require non-traditional hours during critical emergency response periods. Task Order personnel are expected to be available 24/7 in the event of a disaster response.
- Liaise with corporate on implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans to improve efficiencies on the HASC contract
- Attend two standing weekly meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Prudently manage resources within contract budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines
- Leadership: Ability to work with senior level government and corporate personnel in a leadership position.
- Ability to provide leadership to the large cross-functional implementation team of diverse staff.
- Management: Strong management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Financial Management: Proven budget and financial management ability.
- Contract Management: Proven experience with managing government contracting requirements (FAR, ADS, and AIDAR).
- Planning: Strong strategic planning skills to plan over a 1-2 year time period.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and problem solve at both a strategic and functional level. Ability to remain flexible and solution-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Management: Ability to oversee employee training and staff development.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent oral and written communication, Strong customer orientation, Excellent analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong team player, work closely with other Macfadden Program Managers to provide effective support to staff and clients.
Education: Relevant Masters degree and/or equivalent experience. Certification in Contract Management and/or PMP preferred.
Experience: Minimum twelve years of experience plus Masters degree or minimum of 15 years experience plus Bachelor’s degree Significant experience in program management of large projects with demonstrated experience in the government contracting environment. Experience with managing USAID contracts preferred, as well as familiarity with USAID systems and humanitarian assistance. Knowledge of OFDA and DCHA Bureau very helpful.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored Secret security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Macfadden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Macfadden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Macfadden expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Macfadden’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. This policy covers conduct occurring at Macfadden’s offices, client sites, other locations where Macfadden is providing services, and to all work-related activities.
Please apply via the following link: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCFA&cws...