OFDA Program Manager
OFDA PROGRAM MANAGER
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The program manager will provide overall technical, managerial and coordination support to the project teams implementing OFDA funded emergency response in Somaliland (Awdal region) and Central Somalia' Bakool region. The program manager will be the overall budget holder for the grant and will manage it through the existing staff in each location. Key functions of the role will include technical joint planning of the intervention, oversight in implementation, monitoring of the intervention, consolidation of the donor reports and budget management. The program manager is also expected to promote and disseminate best practice, documenting achievements and lessons learned from project. Program manager is expected to be conversant in emergency programming with focus to health, nutrition, wash and FSL. The role holder will closely work with the area representatives, technical teams and the humanitarian director/coordinator.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The post holder will be sensitive to the cultural and political environment of Somalia and will have the ability to plan and ensure the implementation of the project, and to manage resources effectively.
- Program management experience in humanitarian context with relevant qualification in public health or community development. At least 5 years' experience in similar role with substantial relevant experience in Health program management.
- Previous experience in coordinating, implementing and managing complex emergency project with INGO's in developing countries and/or IDPs settings.
- Experience in situation analysis, rapid need assessments and program implementation.
- Ability to support and build capacity of staff through performance management.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of integrated emergency programme activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, Epi-Info/SPSS, Outlook and the internet.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, exercise flexibility and adaptability to transition.
Commitment to Save the Children's Child Protection Policy
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bW9oYW1vdWQuNTQ2OTAuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbG...