Regional Assistant (Latin America and the Caribbean)
The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations (GNDR) was established in 2007 as a voluntary network of civil society organisations who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world. The network is growing and currently has approximately 850 member organisations in over 140 countries across virtually every geographical region of the world.
A vibrant, active, collaborative civil society supporting people and their communities, particularly poor and vulnerable groups, to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters and adapt to extreme hazards and shocks in a changing climate.
GNDR “Stronger Together” strategy 2016-2020 has three mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Increase the impact of civil society in influencing policies and practices at all levels
- Enhance collaboration capabilities of civil society and cooperation with other stakeholders
- Strengthen the creation, analysis and sharing of knowledge
Main purpose of the Role
The Regional Assistants form part of the GNDR Secretariat which serves the membership through hub offices in London UK, Dakar Senegal, Bangkok Thailand and Santiago Chile. The Regional Assistant role encompasses a variety of tasks designed to support the Regional Development Coordinators who are responsible for the coordination and implementation of GNDR’s work plans within the different regions.
Overall Scope of the Role:
- Part of the GNDR Secretariat team
- The position will be line managed by the Regional Development Coordinators
- Works in close collaboration with Secretariat staff, Regional Advisory Groups and wider GNDR membership
- Posts are based in the host country, with strong communications across the region
To apply send a covering letter setting out the candidate’s suitability and motivation for the position, together with an updated resume / CV (no more than 4 pages) to email@example.com with the subject “Regional Assistant – LAC”. All applicants must have valid work permits and the right to reside in Chile and able to travel internationally - GNDR will not facilitate obtaining visa/work permits
Face-to-Face and/or online interviews will be arranged for short-listed candidates on a rolling basis. Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted. The recruitment process will be held open until a suitable candidate is appointed.
Note: A detailed Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded from HERE; http://www.gndr.org/es/conocenos/secretaria/ofertas-de-empleo/item/1826-...