Child Protection and adolescents & Youth Specialist (CPYS)
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 12 months
The role purpose:
As a member of the Programme Development & Quality (PDQ) Team, the CPYS will be responsible for developing and articulating a full spectrum Child Protection and adololescents& youth strategy. In close coordination with the program operations team, the CPYS will provide technical guidance and oversight in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all CP and adolescents/youth activities. Ensuring that CP and youth interventions are implemented in a high quality and timely manner. This includes developing and implementing technical capacity building plans for SCI and partners staff. The CPYS with other technical specialists across all thematic areas in the development and implementation of integrated quality programming across all thematic areas. The CPYS will be a technical lead on developing high quality concept notes and proposals in close coordination with awards, partner organizations and the field teams. CPYS will develop and maintain strong relationships with Government, UN, INGOs and local partners. In addition to ensuring program development and quality, S/he will represent SCI and actively participate on Child Protection Sub-cluster/working groups, be an active participant in the regional adolescents/youth community of practice, and closely collaborates with SCI advocacy and communications team. The CPYS ensures strategic and technical links to regional, global and Member thematic technical capacity groups for strategic alignment and advocacy purposes.SCI is in Iraq is responding to humanitarian needs that evolving frequently, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to work beyond working hours.
- Master's Degree in a social science, International Relations, Development studies or similar field, or 10 years work experience in relevant to CP and youth .
- Minimum 5 years' experience of working in child protection and adolescents/youth programmes in a humanitarian or development context
- Previous experience of working with a large Protection team of international and national staff
- Capacity to support the development of monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes
- Demonstrated ability to set up learning and development processes for a large Protection team
- Previous experience of implementing awards funded by institutional donors with medium to high levels of compliance requirements, e.g. ECHO, CIDA, USAID, OFDA, DfID. European donors, European Commission or Scandinavian experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of key CP standards, in particular INEE
- Proven ability of mentoring, coaching and training on CP related topics.
- Experience of senior level representation
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- English language fluency, a high level of written and spoken English is required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Work experience internationally will be positively weighted.
- Speaks Arabic
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Please apply in English using your CV and cover letter as a single document.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=amFjcXVlbGluZS43OTUzNy4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaG...