Deputy Head of Operations
FSD is an international foundation based in Geneva, Switzerland. Since 1997, this private, independent organisation has implemented a large number of humanitarian projects in 24 different countries. FSD's focus is on locating and eliminating explosive, chemical and toxic waste in post-war scenarios, in order to prevent accidents and thus creating favorable conditions for the reconstruction and development for the inhabitants. FSD further engages into specific programs for recovery, stabilisation and armed violence reduction.
The incumbent reports directly to the Head of Operations at FSD Headquarters. He/she is overseeing project implementation in several geographical and political contexts and carries accountability for the respective country directors and their program resources, the achieved results and the mid- to long-term development of the FSD in the region. That includes all tasks in the entire project cycle, from contributing to the elaboration and adjustment of the FSD country strategy, maintaining contacts with national and local authorities, donors and their representatives, partners and other stakeholders, editing project proposals and budgets, drawing up operational and financial reports to donors, overseeing management of budgets, accounts, assets and human resources, optimizing productivity and implementing compliance as well as risk and safety management policies.
We are looking for candidates who offer:
- Minimum of five years of experience in middle-management positions, in humanitarian and/or development operations in the field;
- Excellent planning and tasking skills and confirmed experience in full project cycle management of multi-donor projects;
- Excellent negotiation, communication and project development/fundraising skills;
- Leadership and experience of interacting in multi-cultural environment;
- Specific programming or project management experience in the area of mine action, conflict prevention, stabilisation, small arms & light weapons control, armed violence reduction and protection as well as confirmed knowledge of dealing with EU/ECHO are of advantageExcellent writing skills in French and English; knowledge of Spanish or any other additional languages is an advantage;
This is a critical leadership position for FSD’s future growth. Only the best candidates move through the full interview process, which takes a maximum of three weeks, starting middle of September. Ideal start of employment: 1.1.2018.
The position is based in Geneva, Switzerland with the expectation the Deputy Head of Operations will travel up to 30% of his/her time to capitals and field locations that may include insecure or harsh environments. FSD offers competitive compensation and an generous benefit package.
Important: note however that only candidates from Switzerland, from an EU/EFTA country or candidates already having a valid Swiss working permit can be considered.
Send your application letter along with an updated CV by email (Subject: Deputy Head of Operations), including contact details of three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications: 31.10.2017.
FSD is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.