About Mercado Global:
Mercado Global is a social enterprise with an innovative approach to fighting poverty and empowering women in rural Guatemala. By providing business development support and connecting artisan cooperatives to sales opportunities in the U.S. on an unprecedented scale, Mercado Global is helping its partner artisans to be a source of change in global sourcing practices. Each Mercado Global collection starts with a journey to the highlands of Guatemala where our designers partner with indigenous women artisans to develop unique pieces that combine Mayan craftsmanship with modern design. From one of the most marginalized populations in the world, our partner artisans are rising to become leaders in their communities and are sending their children to school, often for the first time.
Mercado Global is seeking a self-motivated, driven intern to be part of their Press Team. You will be communicating with the Marketing team as well as our Creative Director on a number of different tasks that will broaden your knowledge and skill set in the PR industry. Mainly focusing on keeping track of the PR Calendar and upcoming press pitches, you’ll be making sure that everything is sent out when scheduled. You will also be working with our SalesForce to create and send pitches to appropriate clients, as well as helping out with event planning for MG benefits.
This position requires at least a 3-month commitment and will be reporting to the Creative Director and Marketing team based between our offices in Guatemala and Brooklyn, NY.
Start dates flexible, looking for summer interns to begin Middle of May to end of August. Unpaid but academic credit is available if intern is a current student.
● Keeping track of PR Calendar and upcoming press pitches
● Creating and sending pitches
● Keeping track of all press credits, as well as sample and high-res image requests
● Helping out with event planning
● Targeting celebrity outreach techniques
● Studying or graduated with a degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office functions
● Familiarity with Social Media and Bloggers
● Strong communication and writing skills
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com