Since 1 April, the number of displaced people tops 190,000, nearly 20,000 fled last month alone. Humanitarian situation has been significantly deteriorating inside the city, protection for trapped civilians remains of high concern.
Government resources are limited and levels of relief stocks low while more rain and flooding are expected until the flood and cyclone season ends in April. OCHA's latest situation report provides updates on the affected countries.
Heavy rains brought by the tropical storm Felleng combined with a high tide resulted in severe flooding and caused extensive devastation to coastline areas and widespread structural damages to infrastructure.
- Launching of mid-term review of the Consolidated Appeal Process (CAP)
- Cholera alerts reported in four departments, including in IDP camps
- Pace of exit from camps accelerates
- Launch of the 2012 hurricane season, 450,000 people could be affected
- Food shortages in the Nord-Ouest,...