The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Risk-Proofing the Western Balkans: Empowering People to Prevent Disasters
- Serbia, Russia agree to establish joint humanitarian center
- Active Fires over the Affected Regions of The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (from 25-31 July 2007)
- Macedonia: Forest Fires Situation Report No. 1
- USG Humanitarian Assistance to Southeast Europe for Wildfires & Drought
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Government, through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is providing $100,000 to assist the Governments of Albania and Macedonia in combating recent wildfires.
U.S. Chargé d'Affaires Stephen Cristina declared a disaster in Albania on July 27 and U.S. Ambassador Gillian Milovanovic declared a disaster in Macedonia on July 25, both due to loss of property and livelihoods as a result of the wildfires that have swept through the respective countries.