The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Risk-Proofing the Western Balkans: Empowering People to Prevent Disasters
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Forest Fires - Situation Map
- Serbia, Russia agree to establish joint humanitarian center
- Macedonia: Forest Fires Situation Report No. 1
- Overview of Fires in The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia for July 2007
Report calls for building disaster risk into development efforts
Sarajevo, 20 May 2016 – Two years after massive flooding caused widespread devastation and loss of life in the Western Balkans, countries in the sub-region have taken steps to reduce the risk of disasters but more will need to be done to protect people from future destruction, according to the Human Development Report for the Western Balkans, launched here today.
BELGRADE, Oct 21, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Serbia and Russia agreed here on Wednesday to establish a joint humanitarian center in the southern Serbian city of Nis for immediate response to emergencies such as fire, floods and earthquakes.
Serbian First Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Ivica Dacic and Russian Minister for Emergency Situations Sergei Shoigu signed a plan on the center's initial stage of development.
Later, the two leaders told a joint press conference that the center should serve the entire region and offer quick and efficient support in case of …