China: Typhoon Chebi - Jun 2001
Most read reports
- USAID: Asia - Disaster Preparedness Programs Fact Sheet #2, Fiscal Year (FY) 2002. 23 Jul 2002
- CIA: Political Map of China. 1 Feb 1996
- OCHA: China - Typhoon Chebi OCHA Situation Report No. 1. 28 Jun 2001
- D.Relief.org: Typhoon Chebi wreaks havoc in China. 26 Jun 2001
- Xinhua: Typhoon Chebi brings rainstorm for Guangdong. 27 Jun 2001
U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BUREAU FOR DEMOCRACY, CONFLICT, AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE (DCHA)
OFFICE OF U.S. FOREIGN DISASTER ASSISTANCE (OFDA)
Note: This updates Fact Sheet #1 dated November 15, 2001
OCHA/GVA - 2001/0122
OCHA Situation Report No. 1
China - Typhoon Chebi
GUANGZHOU, Jun 27, 2001 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Typhoon Chebi has brought rainstorm for south China's Guangdong Province, especially in its southern part and the Pearl River delta, said meteorological experts Wednesday.
Since Saturday when Chebi landed in neighboring Fujian Province, the rainfall has exceeded 100 millimeters in about 21 counties and cities in Guangdong Province.
Local meteorological administrations released early warnings that the storm might still continue for some days especially in the southwest part of the province.
Written by Becky Orfinger, Staff Writer, DisasterRelief.org, with news reports