Caribbean: Hurricane Michelle - Nov 2001
Most read reports
- DPA: Central America immersed in poverty. 27 Mar 2002
- CRED: Cred Crunch Newsletter, Issue No. 49 (October 2017) - The constant influence of hurricanes. 5 Oct 2017
- Reuters: Bahamians mop up after Hurricane Michelle. 6 Nov 2001
- OCHA: Preliminary Report: UN Interagency Mission in response to Hurricane Michelle's passing through Cuba. 9 Nov 2001
- Govt. Cuba: Cuba: Reflexiones de Fidel Castro - Dos veces la misma mentira. 18 Sep 2008
2002 Substantive Session
25th and 26th Meetings (AM & PM)
The Economic and Social Council continued its humanitarian affairs segment at the highest level today, in an interactive dialogue on reaching vulnerable groups in the context of complex humanitarian emergencies and natural disasters, and on the transition from relief to development in that same context.
In 2001, the Federal Foreign Office Task Force for Humanitarian Aid funded aid projects around the world to a tune of DM 131.6 million (67.1 million euro), representing an increase of 13% on the year 2000. A total of approximately 470 projects were financed, of which 40 projects were concerned with humanitarian demining.
From Federation News 26/01