Philippines: Landslides - Dec 2008
Most read reports
- IFRC: Philippines: Annual Appeal No. MAAPH001 2008-2009 Annual Report. 6 Apr 2009
- IFRC: Philippines: Annual Appeal No. MAAPH001 2008-2009 Programme Update no. 2. 31 Dec 2008
- Govt. Philippines: Philippines: Landslide in Mount Diwata, Monkayo, Compostela Valley . 29 Dec 2008
- Govt. Philippines: Philippines: NDCC update landslide incidents in Compostela Valley Province. 27 Dec 2008
This report covers the period 1 January to 31 December 2008.
Programme summary: The 2008-2009 appeal to support the Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC) focused mainly on organizational development where emphasis was placed on the continuous expansion of volunteers based throughout the country and increasing the national society's capacity in disaster management and health care.
Financial situation: While the total budget for 2008 was placed at CHF 2,158,654 (USD 1.93 million or EUR 1.31 million), there were no funding contributions made to the 2008-2009 annual …
This report covers the period 1 July to 31 December 2008
Programme(s) summary: The 2008-2009 appeal to support the Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC) focuses on organizational development, with an emphasis on expanding its volunteer base throughout the country, as well as increasing its capacity in disaster management and health and care.
Financial situation: The total budget for 2008 is CHF 2,158,654 (USD 1.93 million or EUR 1.31 million). Unfortunately, there have been no contributions to this appeal to date, and therefore, no expenditure under this appeal.
Type of Disaster: Landslide
Description: Update Report on the Landslide incident in Mount Diwata, Monkayo, Compostela Valley
Place of Disaster: Mount Diwata, Monkayo, Compostela Valley
Date and Time: Friday, December 26, 2008 01:00 AM
UPDATE REPORT As of December 29, 2008
Two hundred two (202) families composed of 960 persons were displaced.
Eighty-three (83) families with 290 dependents took temporary shelter at the Barangay Hall and Barangay Gym of Mount Diwata while others stay at their relatives houses.
Twelve (12) houses were damaged with 6 totally …
Reference: OCD Region XI, PDCC Cornpostela Valley Province
- On or about 3:00 PM, December 27, 2008, heavy downpour of rains caused the loosening of soil resulting to reported three (3) landslides in Puroks 1-B, 3 and 12, all of Barangay Mount Diwata, Monkayo, Compostela Valley Province
- Weather Condition in Mount Diwata, Monkayo, Compostela Valley Province as of 9:00 PM today: Intermittent Rains