Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
By 5 Jan 2015, an estimated 1.1 million people had been affected by floods, landslides and high winds since 19 Dec 2014 in 22 of 25 districts; 39 deaths had been reported. More than 30,000 people were staying in 230 safety centres in 17 districts. Over 6,400 houses were reportedly destroyed and an estimated 18,537 houses damaged. (OCHA, 5 Jan 2014)
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 11–17 February 2015
- Impacts of flooding in Sri Lanka (as of 7th Jan 2015)
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 11–17 March 2015
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (30 December 2014 - 5 January 2015)
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (2 - 8 December 2014)
Snapshot 17 December – 6 January
Nigeria: A series of suspected Boko Haram attacks in Borno and neighbouring states have resulted in more than 80 deaths, 225 kidnapped, hundreds of homes burneds and thousands displaced.
Central African Republic: Nearly 200,000 people need nutrition assistance. Over 36,000 people are trapped in seven enclaves across the country; a group of 474 Fulani who fled to Yaloke months ago and now cannot leave are in particular need.