Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Heavy rains starting in September 2014 caused flooding in Ethiopia's Afar, SNNP and Somali regions (OCHA, 20 Oct 2014). By 28 Oct, some 72,680 people had been affected and more than 50,000 people had been displaced, having partially or totally lost their homes and livelihoods. (OCHA, 28 Oct 2014)
By the end of 2014, 320,000 people had been displaced by flooding (OCHA, 2 Feb 2015).
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 1 - 8 April 2015
- Eastern Africa: Displaced Populations Report (Issue 17, 1 April - 30 September 2014)
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 17 Dec 2014 - 6 Jan 2015
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 14-20 January 2015
- Ethiopia: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of February 2015)
Snapshot 25–31 March 2015
Ukraine: Fears are growing of a new offensive in Mariupol, as non-government troops appear to be gathering nearby. A recent assessment has found that more than 1.6 million people need humanitarian assistance, nearly 1.1 million of whom are in non-government-controlled areas. 20–30% of IDPs are at risk of losing their status and benefits, due to a new mechanism to verify the addresses of IDPs.