Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Heavy rains starting in September 2014 caused flooding in Ethiopia's Afar, SNNP and Somali regions (OCHA, 20 Oct 2014). By 28 Oct, some 72,680 people had been affected and more than 50,000 people had been displaced, having partially or totally lost their homes and livelihoods. (OCHA, 28 Oct 2014)
By the end of 2014, 320,000 people had been displaced by flooding (OCHA, 2 Feb 2015).
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot, 25 - 31 March 2015
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot, 17 December 2014 - 6 January 2015
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot, 26 November - 2 December 2014
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot, 14 - 20 January 2015
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot, 7 - 13 January 2015
Moderate to heavy rains are expected in most parts of south and central Somalia as well as in the Ethiopian highlands in the coming three days. The northern parts of Somalia may receive light rains during the forecast period.