Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Heavy rains starting in September 2014 caused flooding in Ethiopia's Afar, SNNP and Somali regions (OCHA, 20 Oct 2014). By 28 Oct, some 72,680 people had been affected and more than 50,000 people had been displaced, having partially or totally lost their homes and livelihoods. (OCHA, 28 Oct 2014)
By the end of 2014, 320,000 people had been displaced by flooding (OCHA, 2 Feb 2015).
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 11–17 February 2015
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 1 - 8 April 2015
- Eastern Africa: Displaced Populations Report (Issue 17, 1 April - 30 September 2014)
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 17 Dec 2014 - 6 Jan 2015
- Global Emergency Overview Snapshot 14-20 January 2015
- Both poor seasonal rainfall and downstream flooding along the Jubba and Shabelle Rivers are expected to negatively affect many local areas in southern Somalia.
- The continued delays in rains lead to strengthening moisture deficits across several areas in Angola and South Africa.