Kenya: Floods - Aug 2011
Starting August 2011, heavy rains in northwestern Kenya caused several cases of flash flooding in the Kisumu East, Nyando, and Turkana districts. Around Kakuma, an estimated 60,000 people experienced flooding with water sources, latrines and homes damaged (UNICEF, 17 Aug 2011). As of 12 December ,Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) estimated at least 25 people had lost their lives in flood-related incidents and approximately 15,045 households (91,692 people) were displaced from their homes (IFRC, 12 Dec 2011).
Most read reports
- Kenya Emergency Humanitarian Response Plan 2012+
- Horn of Africa Crisis - Situation Report No. 26
- Climate Prediction Center's Africa Hazards Outlook For USAID / FEWS-NET - October 27 - November, 2 2011
- Kenya Humanitarian Snapshot (January 2012)
- Better hygiene and safer water for 7000 drought-affected Kenyans