Ecuador: Floods - Feb 2010
On 6 April, torrential rains caused the flooding of the tributary rivers of the Napo River affecting 1,288 families, according to the Emergency Operations Committee (COE). The water level reached up to 3 metres high within the city of Tena (capital of the Napo province), which resulted in 2 deaths, 107 destroyed houses, 3 collapsed bridges, 13 affected neighbourhoods and 1 blocked road. The Ecuadorian government declared a national state of emergency. (IFRC, 21 Sep 2010).
Most read reports
- USAID: USAID/OFDA disaster risk reduction programs in Latin America and the Caribbean (as of 30 Sep 2010). 30 Sep 2010
- Govt. Ecuador: Ecuador: Lluvias en la región interandina son anómalas. 15 Jul 2010
- IFRC: Americas Zone: Mid-Year Report, Appeal No. MAA42003. 14 Dec 2010
- IFRC: Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) Appeal No. MAA00010 Mid-Year report. 6 Aug 2010
- Cruz Roja Ecuatoriana: Ecuador Inundaciones 6 de abril del 2010. 13 Apr 2010
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …