Ecuador: Floods - Feb 2010
On 6 April, torrential rains caused the flooding of the tributary rivers of the Napo River affecting 1,288 families, according to the Emergency Operations Committee (COE). The water level reached up to 3 metres high within the city of Tena (capital of the Napo province), which resulted in 2 deaths, 107 destroyed houses, 3 collapsed bridges, 13 affected neighbourhoods and 1 blocked road. The Ecuadorian government declared a national state of emergency. (IFRC, 21 Sep 2010).
Most read reports
- Govt. Ecuador: INFORME CONSOLIDADO DE EVENTOS ADVERSOS EN ECUADOR - 1RO ENERO 2010 AL 13 ABRIL 2010. 14 Apr 2010
- USAID: USAID/OFDA disaster risk reduction programs in Latin America and the Caribbean (as of 30 Sep 2010). 30 Sep 2010
- IFRC: Americas zone Appeal No. MAA4200 Annual Report 2010. 7 Jun 2011
- IFRC: Americas Zone: Revised Zone Plan 2011 (MAA42003) . 14 Dec 2010
- OCHA: REDLAC Weekly Note on Emergencies: Latin America & The Caribbean - Year 3, Issue 146. 1 Mar 2010