Tajikistan: Floods - May 2009
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- OCHA: Central Asia and South Caucasus regions: Emergencies for which Governments requested international assistance (2007 - 2012). 7 Nov 2012
- UN GA: Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327). 24 Aug 2009
- WHO: World: Financing of WHO's Emergency Activities (as of 04 Dec 2009). 4 Dec 2009
- USAID: USAID/OFDA PROTECTION SECTOR UPDATE - JUNE 2010. 8 Jun 2010
- USAID: Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia Humanitarian Assistance in Review, 2000 - 2009. 13 Apr 2010
The Food Security Monitoring System (FSMS) provides a seasonal snapshot of food security in rural Tajikistan by collecting and analyzing data from 665 households, 900 mothers and caregivers, 600 children and 475 key informants every three months.
The FSMS can also alert stakeholders to incidents of critical food insecurity requiring short-term interventions. More details on the exact methodology can be found in annexes.
This Food Security Bulletin presents the results of the third round of the Food Security Monitoring System (FSMS) conducted in May 2009.
Analyses of trends were based on the Emergency Food Security Assessment (April 2008) and builds on the first (October 2008) and second (January 2009) rounds of the FSMS.