Sri Lanka: Floods - Dec 2006
Most read reports
- IFRC: South Asia: Appeal No. MAA52001 Final Report 2006-2007. 6 Apr 2008
- IASC Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka: Kilinochchi, Mullaitivu, Trincomalee, Batticaloa & Ampara Situation Report #54. 21 Dec 2006
- Govt. Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka: Situation report, Floods and landslides disaster, 19 Dec 2006. 19 Dec 2006
- CHA: Sri Lanka: Ground View Jan 2007. 31 Jan 2007
- Govt. Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka: Flood, situation report, during the period of 16 Dec. to 21 Dec. 2006. 22 Dec 2006
This report covers the period 01/01/06 to 31/12/07 of a two-year planning and appeal process.
Response to floods and landslides: voices
from the regions
Are we prepared for ANOTHER DISASTER?
By Prasad Poornamal Jayamanna, Puttalam
Due to incessant rains which lasted a month, several reservoirs in the Udaha area in Puttalam district overflowed, flooding a large area. The problem was aggravated by the fact that flood waters from urunegala, Kuliyapitiya, and Galgamuwa had also entered the district en route to the sea.
KILINOCHCHI & MULLAITIVU DISTRICTS
The general situation in Kilinochchi has been calm during reporting period.
On Wednesday, December 20, 2006, MoD has granted GA Kilinochchi a permission to transport 700,000 liter of kerosene from Vavuniya for general public consumption. Similarly on Tuesday December 19, 2006, UN agencies based in Kilinochchi and Mullaitivu districts have received the permission to transport the December quota of fuel from Commissioner General Essential Services [CGES].
Floods & Landslides Disaster,19th December 2006: Sri Lanka
Time : 18 00 hrs