Papua New Guinea: Floods and High Tides - Aug 2005
Most read reports
- ReliefWeb: Papua New Guinea: Floods and high tides - Situation map. 19 Aug 2005
- EWC: PNG: Floods take heavy toll in Bougainville. 23 Aug 2005
- IFRC: Papua New Guinea: Bougainville Floods and High Tides - Information Bulletin n° 1. 23 Aug 2005
- OCHA: Papua New Guinea: Floods and high tides OCHA Situation Report No. 1. 19 Aug 2005
- ABC: Papua New Guinea; Bad weather continues to create havoc in PNG. 30 Aug 2005
Continuing heavy rains and unusual weather conditions in Papua New Guinea have been blamed for the latest damage to roads, bridges, homes and food gardens.
Key infrastructure and beach hotels in the Morobe and Madang provinces are the latest to be affected by the king tides and flooding.
Gulf and Western provinces, as well as Bougainville, have also been subject to damaging weather.
Morobe Governor Luther Wenge says officials are assessing the damage
The governor says he has received reports from local officials but he intends to visit the areas himself.
"We are the …
PACIFIC ISLANDS REPORT
Pacific Islands Development Program/East-West Center
With Support From Center for Pacific Islands Studies/University of Hawai'i
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 181 countries.
Ref: OCHA/GVA - 2005/0129
OCHA Situation Report No. 1