Haiti: Côte-De-Fer Floods and Landslides - Jun 2005
Most read reports
- ECHO: Strengthening disaster management capacity in the Caribbean region. 18 Dec 2006
- ReliefWeb: Haiti: Côtes-de-Fer floods and landslides - Situation map. 30 Jun 2005
- IFRC: Haiti: Appeal No. 05AA042 Annual Report. 31 May 2006
- WFP: WFP Emergency Report No. 29 of 2005. 15 Jul 2005
- IFRC: Haiti: Côtes-de-Fer Floods and Landslides Minor Emergency Bulletin No. 1. 30 Jun 2005
1 - Rationale, needs and target population :
1.1. - Rationale :
The Caribbean region experiences multiple natural disasters. Tropical storms often take the form of a hurricane1, and the hurricane season lasts for six months. There are also floods, flash floods, tsunamis, landslides and mudslides. Some islands suffer from earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The physical risk is combined with socioeconomic factors, such as high population density, fast demographic growth and great poverty.
This week 's report covers the following sectors/countries:
Sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Food, Health, Infrastructure and Rehabilitation, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
This report includes:
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Central Asia (2) Afghanistan (3) Albania (4) Georgia (5) Iraq (6) Libyan Arab Jamahiriya (7) Pakistan (8) Tajikistan
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo, DR (3) Eritrea (4) Ethiopia (5) Somalia …
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity.