Panama: Floods - Oct 2004
Most read reports
- IFRC: Pan American Disaster Response Unit Appeal No. 05AA040 Annual Report. 31 May 2006
- FEWS NET: Mesoamerica Food Security Update, April 2006. 30 Apr 2006
- ReliefWeb: Panama: Floods - Situation map. 25 Oct 2004
- ECHO: Fifth DIPECHO Action Plan for Central America. 4 Dec 2006
- ReliefWeb: Panama: Floods - Situation map. 1 Dec 2004
Location of operation: DIPECHO
Amount of Decision: EUR 6,000,000
Appeal target: CHF 2,439,411 (USD 1,923,019 or EUR 1,581,564);
Appeal coverage: 74.4%.
This Annual Report reflects activities implemented over a one-year period; they form part of, and are based on, longer-term, multi-year planning (refer below to access the detailed logframe documents).
Summary of current food security conditions
Ref: OCHA/GVA - 2004/178
OCHA Situation Report No. 1
Panama - Floods
1 December 2004
(New York: 1 December 2004) - The damage caused by recent flooding in Panama's Darien Province could cause severe food shortages in the next 7 to 8 months, UN humanitarian agencies report.
A. Descripción del evento adverso:
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 181 countries.