Iran: Floods - May 2001
Most read reports
- OCHA: Middle East and North Africa: Humanitarian Atlas (2018) [EN/AR]. 11 Jun 2018
- WMO: WMO statement on the status of the global climate in 2001. 18 Dec 2001
- ReliefWeb: Islamic Republic of Iran - Flooding May 2001. 8 May 2001
- TNH: Central Asia: IRIN Weekly Round-up 5 covering the period 4 - 10 May 2001. 10 May 2001
- OCHA: Iran - Floods OCHA Situation Report No. 1. 7 May 2001
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa (ROMENA) supports disaster response and preparedness activities in 20 countries by working closely with Humanitarian Coordinator’s (HC)/Resident Coordinator’s (RC) offices, OCHA Country Offices and Humanitarian Advisory Teams (HATs).
Global temperature in 2001: second warmest on record
AFGHANISTAN: Final verdict on poppy cultivation pending
ISLAMABAD, 8 May (IRIN) - Severe flooding in northeastern Iran after torrential rains on Sunday, has claimed 32 lives and left more than 50 people injured, a United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) official in the capital Tehran, told IRIN on Tuesday. However, Hossain Jafari, Programme Officer for UNDP, said the situation was now "under control".
Flooding in the northeast portion of Khorasan
province in northern Iran has caused several casualties, damage to housing
and loss of animals and agricultural fields.
See OCHA Situation Report No. 1 for further details.
OCHA Situation Report No. 1
Iran - Floods