Bangladesh: Floods - Aug 2000
Most read reports
- WWF: Dams accused of role in flooding: Research Paper: "Dams and Floods". 21 Jun 2001
- WFP: 2000 Estimated Food Needs and Shortfalls for WFP Operations and Projects: Updated 30 Oct 2000. 30 Oct 2000
- Xinhua: Ineffective Drainage System Leads to Floods In Bangladesh. 11 Oct 2000
- ECOSOC: Report of the Secretary-General to the Humanitarian Affairs Segment of ECOSOC 2001 - Advance Unedited Draft. 14 Jun 2001
- USAID: Enhanced disaster preparedness in South Asia: Through community-based and regional approaches. 24 Apr 2002
Gland, Switzerland - New research commissioned by WWF, the conservation organization, has warned that dams built with the promise of reducing flooding can often exacerbate the problem with catastrophic consequences, as some recent floods have shown.