Viet Nam: Floods - Dec 1999
Most read reports
- WWF: Dams accused of role in flooding: Research Paper: "Dams and Floods". 21 Jun 2001
- UNDP: Summing-up report on disaster situations in recent years and preparedness and mitigation measures in Vietnam. 24 Feb 2003
- Govt. Viet Nam: Viet Nam: President praises Int'l Red Cross Federation's assistance. 21 Nov 2002
- NOAA: NOAA'S Weather Service signs Agreement to improve Vietnamese river, flood forecasts. 9 Jan 2001
- ECHO: Flooding in Asia : Commission approves humanitarian aid worth euro 1.2 million. 16 Dec 1999
The European Commission has approved humanitarian aid worth euro 1.2 million for victims of flooding in Vietnam, Cambodia and Tibet (China). The aid will be managed by the European Commission Humanitarian Office (ECHO) and will enable humanitarian organisations to carry out urgent projects for the next three to six months. Torrential rainstorms far exceeding normal seasonal flooding have affected Vietnam since the end of October. The country has experienced its worst flooding for 40 years, with a total of seven million people affected across several provinces.