Armenia: Floods - Jun 1997
Most read reports
- ACT: Revised Appeal Central, Eastern Europe and Caucasus Floods. 3 Sep 1997
- UN DHA: Armenia Floods Situation Report No.1. 26 Jun 1997
- UN DHA: Armenia Floods Situation Report No. 2, 1 July 1997. 1 Jul 1997
- UN DHA: Southern Armenia Floods Situation Report No.3. 7 Jul 1997
Central, Eastern Europe & Caucasus Floods - EUFL71
Revised Appeal Target : US$ 1,858,496
7 July 1997
I. SITUATION UPDATE
1. On 2 July, staff of the Sisian UNHCR Field Office, who had already provided support to the first DHA mission to the area on 24-25 June, assessed the situation in Goris after a second major flood affected the town on 30 June 1997.
Ref: DHAGVA - 97/0410
Southern Armenia - Floods
I. UPDATED OVERVIEW
1. Situation in the region of Goris remains critical since
floods started two weeks ago, although flood water has been
now entirely drained from the town.
2. A WHO team estimated that the medical supplies saved
from floods are only sufficient to cover the needs of the
Goris population for one week. The problem of water-born
diseases, already acute in Goris, has been exacerbated by the
multiple fractures in water and sewage lines.