Philippines: Flash Floods - Apr 2009
Most read reports
- World Bank: World Bank announces new country assistance strategy for the Philippines. 30 Apr 2009
- Govt. Australia: Australia supports climate change adaptation in the Philippines. 21 Aug 2009
- Govt. Philippines: Philippines: NDCC update initial report re flashflood in Rizal, Cagayan. 22 Apr 2009
The Australian Government will provide approximately Php123 million for three new projects that will further strengthen the Philippines' capacity to adapt to effects of climate change and reduce the risks of natural disasters, Australian Ambassador to the Philippines Rod Smith announced today.
"Australia supports the Philippine Government's efforts in disaster risk reduction.
Strategy focuses on improving governance and achieving growth that works for the poor
Press Release No:2009/331/EAP
WASHINGTON, DC, April 30, 2009 - The World Bank Group's Board of Executive Directors discussed today the new Country Assistance Strategy (CAS) for the Philippines for Fiscal Years 2010-2012.
Source: PDCC Cagayan
- Continuous heavy rains in the low-lying areas along Chico River from 5:00 PM up to 12:00 midnight of 21 April 2009 had caused flooding in Rizal, Cagayan particularly to the following barangays: Cambabangan; Nanungaran and Dunggan
- Three (3) ferry boats docked in Rizal river bank, without passengers, were reported missing.
- As of this report, twenty (20) families with one hundred ten (110) persons are affected. No reported human casualties.
- Further, 12 heads of carabao drowned last night.