Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Pakistan: Earthquakes 1973 - 2012 DEM Analysis Map (as of 8 May 2012)
This summary document provides information about Office of Inspector General (OIG) oversight activities in Pakistan and Afghanistan since fiscal year 2003.
OIG has strengthened its focus in Pakistan since the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) reopened its mission in 2002. OIG has been providing oversight of USAID activities in Afghanistan since 2002 as well.
Berlin - In 2008, Johanniter mainly focused on providing medical care throughout 22 countries, and invested donations and subsidies in the amount of nine million Euros - half a million more than the previous year. Although, the share of donations has slightly decreased from 2007, subsidies from third-party donors, such as Germany's Foreign Office, have increased.
Asia and the Pacific
Problem Statement/Context: The Asia Pacific region has an emergency profile characterized by a combination of natural disasters, civil/political unrest with pockets of conflict situations, and recent emerging new global threats such as high food and fuel prices crisis, the threat of pandemic influenza and other emerging diseases.