Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the UN: Report of the UN SG (A/64/84-E/2009/87)
- Global Map of the Western District of Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Elevation (as of 30 Oct 2008)
This plan seeks to provide support to the core programmes of Pakistan Red Crescent Society for the coming two years, 2010-2011. The plan focuses on four core areas: disaster management, health and care, organisational development and the promotion of humanitarian principles and values.
GLIDE n=B0 EQ-2008-000206-PAK
Period covered by this Final Report: 29 October 2009 to 18 May 2009;
Appeal target (current): CHF 2.5 million (=B1USD 2.08 million or =B1EUR 1.65 million);
Final Appeal coverage: 49%; however, total coverage actually 80% including all bilateral contributions direct to Pakistan Red Crescent
This Emergency Appeal was launched on 19 November 2008 for CHF 2.5 million (USD 2.08 million or EUR 1.65 million) to provide 4,000 emergency shelter provisions to the families (10 persons per family) affected by the earthquakes which struck …
Latest Report on TRCS activities in the Field
TRC/PRCS response to Balochistan Earthquake:
Turkish Red Crescent, in the awake of the earthquake that struck Ziarat, Balochistan on October 29th, started the immediate relief operation with a view to alleviate human suffering of the victims of the quake.
Turkish Red Crescent is supporting PRCS to provide food items and hygiene kits to the Earthquake affected population of District Ziarat worth of 50,000 USD.
This is the 2009 plan of the Pakistan office of the International Federation. It is for information only, as the funds for this plan are covered through the Earthquake Emergency Appeal (M05EA022 - launched in 2005 and recently extended to the end of 2009) and Cyclone Yemyin/Floods emergency appeal (MDRPK001 - launched in July 2007 and extended to June 2009). The total budget for 2009 is CHF 15.5 million (of which CHF 15.1 million is covered under the earthquake appeal and CHF 435,000 under the floods appeal).