Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Pakistan: Earthquakes 1973 - 2012 DEM Analysis Map (as of 8 May 2012)
Islamabad, Sep 3rd, 2009: The custodian of two holy mosques, King Abudllah bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud has sent special dates weighing 50 tons, for onward distribution among the October 8, 2005 Earthquake affectees.
Saudi Public Assistance for Pakistan Earthquake Victims (SPAPEV)'s Regional Director while collecting the cartons filled with special dates from Saudi Arabia, told newsmen here that
" These packets of dates would be distributed among the quake affectees of AJK and NWFP.
This special consignment was sent under the instructions of King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz in a …
Berlin - In 2008, Johanniter mainly focused on providing medical care throughout 22 countries, and invested donations and subsidies in the amount of nine million Euros - half a million more than the previous year. Although, the share of donations has slightly decreased from 2007, subsidies from third-party donors, such as Germany's Foreign Office, have increased.
Contribution In The First Year Of Three-Year Partnership Will Help Build Habitat Homes in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Ethiopia
DUBAI, 12th December 2008: ETA Star Property Developers, a real estate company based in the United Arab Emirates, recently presented its donation of two million dirham (about US$544,650) in the first year of a three-year partnership with Habitat for Humanity.
The contribution, which came from ETA Star's Homes for the Homeless campaign, will help Habitat to build homes with families in need in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Ethiopia.