Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Global Map of the Western District of Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Elevation (as of 30 Oct 2008)
Friday 5th December 2008: International disaster relief charity ShelterBox has taken the lead in alleviating the plight of the 70,000 people left homeless by the late October earthquakes in the Baluchistan region of Pakistan by providing more shelter than any other British charity.
International disaster relief charity ShelterBox is responding to a request for assistance after an earthquake hit Pakistan on Wednesday.
A ShelterBox Response Team departed for Pakistan yesterday to distribute an initial 200 ShelterBoxes. More boxes are likely to follow.
The 6.4 magnitude earthquake struck the Ziarat valley in the southwestern province of Baluchistan just before dawn, causing landslides and reportedly killing more than 200 people.