Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the UN: Report of the UN SG (A/64/84-E/2009/87)
The earthquake that killed 215 people in Baluchistan, Pakistan, has left the children, staff and facilities unscathed.
SOS Children's Villages' emergency relief programme from 2005 is still operational - Photo: SOS CV Pakistan
The 6.4 magnitude earthquake that struck the poorest region of Pakistan, Baluchistan, on Wednesday, has killed about 215 people and reduced 1,500 houses to rubble, leaving close to 20,000 people homeless in freezing temperatures, according to Reuters.