Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Global Map of the Western District of Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Elevation (as of 30 Oct 2008)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
Save the Children has a team of people on the ground in Pakistan undertaking an emergency assessment to ascertain the scale of the damage in Baluchistan so that we can respond appropriately and quickly.
Amanda Weisbaum, head of emergency response at Save the Children UK, said: "The initial 48 hours are crucial - it is then that people are most vulnerable and it is then survivors need food, water and shelter.