Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- World Bank and Italian government strengthen collaboration on disaster risk management
- Pakistan: Earthquakes 1973 - 2012 DEM Analysis Map (as of 8 May 2012)
Save the Children has a team of people on the ground in Pakistan undertaking an emergency assessment to ascertain the scale of the damage in Baluchistan so that we can respond appropriately and quickly.
Amanda Weisbaum, head of emergency response at Save the Children UK, said: "The initial 48 hours are crucial - it is then that people are most vulnerable and it is then survivors need food, water and shelter.