Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Global Map of the Western District of Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Elevation (as of 30 Oct 2008)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
Thousands urgently need shelter and blankets due to cold weather at altitude
Oxfam will fly a team of four aid experts into the quake zone tomorrow from its base in Islamabad. The team will carry out an assessment and deliver an initial $81,000 aid package for those in need.
One of the Oxfam aid workers who will join the team is Khalid Gill who was in nearby city of Quetta when earthquake struck: "The earthquake struck twice. The first one woke us up at 4.30; it was not all that big a tremor but we all quickly got out of the house and into the street.