Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- Global Map of the Western District of Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Elevation (as of 30 Oct 2008)
- Earthquake in Balochistan Province, Pakistan on October 29, 2008
- Overview of earthquake affected districts of Ziarat & Quetta, Balochistan Province, Pakistan (as of 12 Dec 2008)
Survivors of a deadly earthquake that struck western Pakistan two weeks ago urgently need winterized tents, blankets, warm clothing, food, health services and restored drinking water supplies as already very low temperatures are likely to plunge even lower as winter approaches, according to the latest United Nations assessment.
Six teams from the UN World Food Programme (WFP), the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) and the UN World Health Organisation (WHO), along with the International Organization for Migration (IOM), visited 63 villages over the past four days in south-western …
United Nations agencies are taking part in emergency relief efforts in south-west Pakistan, where a powerful earthquake struck early this morning, killing and injuring hundreds of people and leaving many more homeless.
The quake registered 6.4 on the Richter scale - its epicentre was located in a mountainous area northeast of Quetta, the provincial capital of Baluchistan - when it struck shortly after 4 a.m. local time.