Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Overview of earthquake affected districts of Ziarat & Quetta, Balochistan Province, Pakistan (as of 12 Dec 2008)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
This plan seeks to provide support to the core programmes of Pakistan Red Crescent Society for the coming two years, 2010-2011. The plan focuses on four core areas: disaster management, health and care, organisational development and the promotion of humanitarian principles and values.
Glide No. EQ-2008-000206-PAK
This bulletin is being issued for information only.
Two earthquakes shook various parts of Baluchistan in the early hours of 29 October 2008. So far, four districts have been badly affected with more than 160 casualties reported. The provincial government and military are carrying out assessments and relief work. The overall extent of the damage caused by the earthquake has not been made clear.