Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Pakistan: Earthquakes 1973 - 2012 DEM Analysis Map (as of 8 May 2012)
This bulletin is being issued for information only.
Several aftershocks have been felt in Baluchistan since the two earthquakes that jolted several districts of Baluchistan on 29 October 2008. Official figures from the government and initial assessments indicate that more than 160 people have lost their lives, while 500 have been injured. The government, United Nations agencies and various non-governmental organizations are carrying out assessments and relief works in the affected areas.