Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Pakistan: Earthquakes 1973 - 2012 DEM Analysis Map (as of 8 May 2012)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
Appeal No. MAA00029 with links to the following appeals:
No. MAA00040 - Disaster Management:
Operational Technical Advice
No. MAA00021 - Disaster Policy and Preparedness
No. MAA00024 - International Disaster Response Tools
No. MAA00019 - Shelter
No. MAA00028 - Logistics
No. MAA00004 - International Disaster Response Laws, Rules and Principles
This report covers the period 01/01/2008 to 31/12/2008.
In a world of global challenges, continued poverty, inequity, and increasing vulnerability to disasters and disease, the International Federation with its global network, works to accomplish its Global Agenda, partnering with local community and civil society to prevent and alleviate human suffering from disasters, diseases and public health emergencies
This annual report focuses on the work of the team in the Asia Pacific zone office in 2008 to provide leadership and guidance to the International …
This report covers the period 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2008.
Programme purpose: As outlined in the 2008-09 plan, the aim of the International Federation South Asia regional office is to increase the capacity of the South Asian national societies to provide services that improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Programme(s) summary: During 2008, the key areas of support provided by the International Federation to national societies in South Asia were as follows:-
- Under the regional disaster management programme - responding to the monsoon flooding in Pakistan, …