Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- Pakistan Floods - Historical Natural Disaster Events (as of 21 Jul 2011)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the UN: Report of the UN SG (A/64/84-E/2009/87)
Aid is beginning to arrive in the devastated Ziyarat and Pishin region of North West Pakistan hit by a 6.4 earthquake at the small hours of yesterday morning.
Islamic Relief aid workers are on the ground coordinating a response to assist the survivors of the disaster. An estimated 233 people lost their lives and over 200 people were injured during the earthquake that struck at 4am on Wednesday morning close to Pakistan 's border with Afghanistan .
Islamic Relief is assisting 300 families, around 2,400 people by providing food items, blankets and kitchen utensils and is working on …