Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Overview of earthquake affected districts of Ziarat & Quetta, Balochistan Province, Pakistan (as of 12 Dec 2008)
- Renforcement de la coordination de l'aide humanitaire d'urgence fournie par les organismes des Nations Unies - Rapport du Secrétaire général (A/64/84-E/2009/87)
Foreword: A year of challenges
It is my pleasure to present to you the 2008 Annual Report for the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
For the millions of people affected by natural disasters and conflict worldwide, 2008 was a year of enormous challenges. More than 211 million people were affected by natural disasters, with more than 238,000 killed and US$200 billion in damages, making 2008 one of the most devastating years in terms of human and material losses.