Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The Political Economy of Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction in Pakistan
- Central Emergency Response Fund - Report of the Secretary-General (A/64/327)
- International cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters, from relief to development - Report of the UN SG (A/64/331)
- Pakistan: Earthquakes 1973 - 2012 DEM Analysis Map (as of 8 May 2012)
- Coopération internationale en matière d'aide humanitaire à la suite de catastrophes naturelles : de la phase des secours à celle de l'aide au développement - Rapport du Secrétaire général (A/64/331)
This report covers the period 01Jul 2008 to 31 Dec 2008
In a world of global challenges, continued poverty, inequity, and increasing vulnerability to disasters and disease, the International Federation with its global network, works to accomplish its Global Agenda, partnering with local community and civil society to prevent and alleviate human suffering from disasters, diseases and public health emergencies.
This programme update focuses on the work of the team in the Asia Pacific zone office to provide leadership and guidance to the International Federation …
This report covers the period 01 July to 31 December 2008.
Programme purpose: As outlined in the 2008-09 plan, the aim of the International Federation South Asia regional office is to increase the capacity of the South Asian national societies to provide services that improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Programme(s) summary: In the second half of 2008, one of the key areas of support provided by the International Federation to national societies was in responding to the monsoon flooding in Pakistan, India and Nepal and the earthquake in Baluchistan (Pakistan). Besides …
Contribution In The First Year Of Three-Year Partnership Will Help Build Habitat Homes in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Ethiopia
DUBAI, 12th December 2008: ETA Star Property Developers, a real estate company based in the United Arab Emirates, recently presented its donation of two million dirham (about US$544,650) in the first year of a three-year partnership with Habitat for Humanity.
The contribution, which came from ETA Star's Homes for the Homeless campaign, will help Habitat to build homes with families in need in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Ethiopia.