Iran: Earthquake - Feb 2002
Most read reports
- OCHA: Middle East and North Africa: Humanitarian Atlas (2018) [EN/AR]. 11 Jun 2018
- MCC: Chart: Where MCC material aid goes. 13 Nov 2002
- UNDP: Ten countries discuss disaster management cooperation at Iran workshop. 7 Apr 2003
- World Bank: Iran: Earthquake emergency response project information document. 6 Oct 2002
- OCHA: Iran - Earthquake OCHA Situation Report No. 1. 18 Feb 2002
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa (ROMENA) supports disaster response and preparedness activities in 20 countries by working closely with Humanitarian Coordinator’s (HC)/Resident Coordinator’s (RC) offices, OCHA Country Offices and Humanitarian Advisory Teams (HATs).
Experts from Iran and nine neighbouring countries will cooperate in identifying ways to reduce the risks posed by such natural disasters as drought and earthquakes, which can undermine development gains and worsen poverty.
Shipments from 1995 to March 31, 2002
Project Name: IRAN, ISLAMIC REPUBLIC
OF-IR-Earthquake Emergency Response
Region: Middle East and North Africa Region
Sector: URBAN DEVELOPMENT
Theme: NATURAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT
Implementing Agency(ies): OIETAI,
MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC AFFAIRRS AND FINANCE (MOEAF)
Address: Nasser Khosrow Avenue, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Contact Person: Mr. Mohamed Khazaee Torshizi
Washington - The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) airlifted approximately $350,000 worth of humanitarian aid to earthquake victims in Iran on Tuesday.
From Federation News 04/02
Ref: OCHA/GVA - 2002/0045
OCHA Situation Report No. 1
Iran - Earthquake