El Salvador: Earthquake - Feb 2001
Most read reports
- Informe de situación: terremotos en El Salvador 2001
- Central America immersed in poverty
- El Salvador: Recovery plan from the damage caused by the earthquakes of Jan 13th & Feb 13th, 2001
- El Salvador: A case study in the role of the affected state in humanitarian action
- Shaking Up Economic Progress: Aggregate Shocks in Latin America and the Caribbean
Rome, December 2001
Latest information indicates a slightly
larger global cereal output in 2001, of 1 870 million tonnes (including
rice in milled terms). However, even at this level, production would still
be less than the anticipated utilization requirements in 2001/02, leading
to a significant draw-down of cereal stocks.
While Afghanistan currently faces a grave food supply situation, food emergencies persist in many other countries (see box on page 6).
Rome, October 2001
Rome, April 2001